The village hall of south suburban Riverdale was evacuated this afternoon as a precaution because of a nearby gas leak, officials said.
Nicor Gas crews were notified just after noon that the village hall, 157 W. 144th St., was being evacuated by the Riverdale Fire Department because of the nearby gas leak, said Nicor spokeswoman Annette Martinez.
The first Nicor personnel arrived on-scene at 12:49 p.m. and a crew was also dispatched, Martinez said. The repairs were completed about 3:30 p.m., Martinez said.
Officials with the Riverdale Fire Department were not available to confirm details this afternoon.