The man, in his 20s, was shot in both legs around 6:15 a.m. in the 6900 block of South Maplewood Avenue, police said. He was taken to Holy Cross Hospital and was stable, police said.
- Video: Chicago crime overnight report: 2 shootings overnight, 1 home invasion
- Yellow markers are placed where shell cases were found at the scene of a shooting in the 6900 block of south Maplewood Avenue this morning.
- 'They shoot out here every day'
- 6900 South Maplewood Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
- 7000 South Talman Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
- 7200 South Artesian Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
- 7050 South Talman Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
• A man, 18, wounded in the 7000 block of South Talman Avenue around 11 a.m. Thursday.
• Two men, 20 and 31, shot a few doors down in the same block around 6 p.m. Wednesday night.
• Two men, 19 and 22, shot in the 7200 block of South Artesian Avenue about three minutes earlier.
Police said the four people shot Wednesday evening were involved in ongoing gang conflict between two groups, one claiming 72nd Street as part of its territory and the other operating between 67th and 71st streets.
It's not clear if the two other shootings are related.
All six victims are expected to survive.