Chicago Tribune reporter Peter Nickeas recaps the night's stories, including the identification of a body found stabbed last week, and three overnight shootings. Crime scene footage by John Kim.

Three people were shot overnight and another four wounded Saturday afternoon, according to police.

The most recent shooting happened across the street from Wrigley Field about 3:20 a.m. Sunday. A man, age 25, was shot in the upper back outside the 7-Eleven at Addison Street and Sheffield Avenue, police said.

He told officers he was walking with two other people when he got into a dispute and one shot him in the lower back, police said.

According to a police report, the victim told police he was walking east on Addison on the south side of the street when he saw a man arguing with a teen.

The victim told the man to “leave him alone,’’ because he believed the teen was being robbed, the report said. The man replied: “(expletive) you, mind yo business’’ and the victim continued walking east.

He then heard a “pop” and felt a sharp pain in the lower right side of his back, and saw the man “walk casually’’ toward the Red Line Addison station. The victim entered the 7-Eleven and told a worker he’d been shot, the report said.

The clerk said soon after the incident that he heard no gunfire but others who came in after the victim said they heard the shot.

While at the hospital he gave police a further description of the shooter, including that he had a White Sox logo tattooed on his face, the report said.

The shooter was also described as being a black man in his mid-20s, 5-foot-8 and about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue sweater and fleeing east from the scene, police said.

Police did not have a detailed description of the attacker. He possibly got on an Addison Red Line train. 

The victim was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where he was in serious condition, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer John Mirabelli said.

Police did not find any shell casings at the scene. It's unclear how many rounds were fired, though the lack of shell casings could indicate the shooter used a revolver.

Police did not string crime tape anywhere, as is standard practice when a crime scene is found. The store remained open -- both cars and pedestrians came and left with ease as detectives poked around looking for evidence.

The detectives were gone from the scene less than an hour after the shooting, which happened about two blocks from the 19th District police station.

About 3 a.m. a man, age 21, was shot in his right leg, twice, on Monroe Street between Francisco and California avenues. The man may have been involved in a gang-related fight before he was shot on the street, police said. Detectives are trying to locate video from the attack.

He hobbled across the street to a vacant lot where an ambulance picked him up.

Police taped off a wide crime scene in the East Garfield Park neighborhood, from a vacant lot on the north side of Monroe where shell casings were found to the vacant lot across the street where the man was found. It appeared that blood had pooled around his foot with each step and dripped when he walked.

He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital and taken into surgery Sunday morning, police said. No official condition was available.

A 52-year-old man was shot about 10:10 p.m. in the 1700 block of West 83rd Street in the Gresham neighborhood. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center with wounds to his side and head, police said.

In the Kilbourn Park neighborhood on the city's Northwest Side, a man was shot about 4:10 p.m. in the 4000 block of West School Street, police said.

The 27-year-old man was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center where his condition had stabilized, according to Chicago Fire Department spokeswoman Meg Ahlheim.