- Video: Mother of Chicago boy, 15, who was slain near Obama home: 'That's your baby'
- Mom finds son, 15, slain: 'I'm questioning my faith'
- Mother talks about son's shooting death
- Cornelius German
- Video: Chicago crime overnight report (Tuesday, April 23, 2013)
- Raw video: Shooting on West 79th Street
- Barack Obama
- Hadiya Pendleton
See more topics »
- 5000 South Evans Avenue, Chicago, IL 60615, USA
The woman encouraged German’s friends to put their education first. “If you love Cornelius like you say you do, I encourage you to stay in school and graduate school,” she said.
Gregory Jones, the principal of Kenwood Academy High School, presented German’s family with a framed copy of the boy’s last hand-written essay. Then he gave them a copy of a resolution the school adopted.
"We embrace the family because we have a common bond that shapes all of our lives," he said.