Infant injured in South Side fire

An infant was injured in a cooking fire early this morning in the East Chatham neighborhood, according to the Chicago Fire Department.

The 1-month-old was taken in fair-to-serious condition to Jackson Park Hospital from the fire in the 7900 block of South Dobson Avenue about 1:30 a.m., according to the department's news office.

The cooking fire, which started about 1:30 a.m., caused minor smoke in the home, according to the Fire Department.

chicagobreaking@tribune.com
Twitter: @ChicagoBreaking