Along Interstate 290, ramps to North Avenue in both directions and the westbound ramp to Lake Street remained closed. Interstate 94 is also closed from the split at Interstate 57 to 147th Street in both directions, officials said.
- Video: Hillside evacuees describe flood
- Photos: Aerial views of Des Plaines, Fox River floods
- Photos: Chicago flooding
- Flooding 5100 N. Springfield Avenue
- Forest View residents evacuate flooded homes
- Raw video: Barges crash against Marsellies dam
- Video: People evacuated from Des Plaines flood
See more videos »
- Floods and Flooding
- Droughts and Heat Waves
See more topics »
The DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management reported dozens of road closures, most of them in Wheaton, Oak Brook and Carol Stream.
On the positive side, the wet April month leaves last year’s drought a distant memory — and the state has almost completely recovered from the drought-like conditions, said Arlan Juhl, director of water resources for the state’s Department of Natural Resources.
“We had pretty much determined in March there were no surface water drought issues remaining in the state,” Juhl said. “There will be significant recovery to most ground water levels this month.”
Tribune reporter Antonio Olivo contributed