The FBI has identified a man investigators believe has robbed a half-dozen banks in the city and north suburbs since September.
Kenneth F. White II most recently is suspected of robbing a Glenview bank Monday afternoon. He is also believed to have robbed five other Chicago-area banks since October, according to the FBI.
The MB Financial Bank, 2200 N. Waukegan Rd., was robbed about 2:25 p.m. Monday, according to Joan Hyde, a spokeswoman for the FBI. The suspect either passed a teller a note or made a verbal demand of the teller, according to Hyde.
- Police Investigations
See more topics »
- 2200 Waukegan Rd, Glenview, IL 60025, USA
- 1415 Algonquin Rd, Meadows Town Mall Shopping Center, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008, USA
- 7181 W Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL 60634, USA
- 615 Busse Hwy, Park Ridge, IL 60068, USA
- 2301 N Harlem Ave, Chicago, IL 60707, USA
- 1801 S Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005, USA
According to the FBI, the man who robbed the bank is also suspected in the following five other robberies since October:
- TCF Bank, 1415 Algonquin Rd., Rolling Meadows, on Oct. 26;
- Popular Community Bank, 7181 West Irving Park Rd., Chicago, on Nov. 5;
- Harris Bank, 615 Busse Highway, Park Ridge on Nov. 9;
- TCF Bank, 2301 N. Harlem Ave., Chicago on Nov. 15;
- And Glenview State Bank, 1801 S. Arlington Heights Rd., Arlington Heights on Nov. 23.
White, who has several prior drug arrests dating back more than a decade, has served time for a drug conviction and has previously been arrested on robbery charges, according to court records.
He is described by authorities as a white male, standing 6-foot-3, weighing about 150 pounds and with a dragon tattoo on his left arm with Chinese script, as well as several tattoos on his right arm.
He usually wears blue jeans, and baseball caps in warmer weather, and tends to wear a black, down parka in colder weather.
Anyone with information about any of the robberies should contact the FBI Chicago bureau at 312-421-6700.