A 27-year-old man was shot in the shoulder about 4:15 a.m. Friday while walking to his car in the 2000 block of West 65th Street in the West Englewood neighborhood. He was taken to Holy Cross Hospital by a friend. and wasn't able to give officers information about the shooter, police said.
- Video: Chicago overnight crime report: 6 shot, man charged in shooting of 5-year-old
- South Side shooting
- More Greater Grand Crossing crime »
- Hospitals and Clinics
See more topics »
- 35 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
- 1300 South Saint Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60623, USA
- 6100 South Park Shore East Court, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
- 3900 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60624, USA
- 2000 West 65th Street, Chicago, IL 60621, USA
The shooting happened before 12:30 a.m. and both men were taken Stroger Hospital in critical condition, according to the Fire Department.
A 36-year-old man was shot in the East Garfield Park neighborhood and took a cab to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Police said he was shot in the big toe about 10:25 p.m. in the 3900 block of West Madison Street.
A 20-year-old man was shot in the 1300 block of South St. Louis Avenue in the Lawndale neighborhood about 10:35 p.m. He was standing with other people in front of an apartment building when a man in a red shirt approached and started shooting, according to neighbors. The man was hit twice, in the chest and abdomen, and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
In the Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side, a 54-year-old man was grazed in an attack about 10:15 p.m. He was treated at the scene in the 6100 block of South Park Shore East Court, police said.