The men, 31 and 34, were sitting in a car in front of the gas station in the 3300 block of West Washington Boulevard in East Garfield Park around 10:30 p.m., according to police.
- Video: 2 men wounded near gas station in East Garfield Park
- Tribune photo illustration
- Search crime data for your Chicago community
- Downstream Oil and Gas Activities
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
See more topics »
- 6200 South Artesian Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
- 7200 South Champlain Avenue, Chicago, IL 60619, USA
- 3300 West Washington Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60624, USA
- 2100 North Tripp Avenue, Chicago, IL 60639, USA
- 8300 South Carpenter Street, Chicago, IL 60620, USA
- 2200 West 71st Street, Chicago, IL 60636, USA
- 2400 West Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
In July, a clerk was shot and killed at the station about two hours before his shift was to end, according to police and the man's family.
In other shootings:
• About 2 a.m. a 26-year-old man was shot above the knee after he stepped onto a porch in the 2200 block of West 71st Street in the West Englewood neighborhood to smoke, police said. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center and was reported stable.
• Someone inside a car shot at a 37-year-old man in the 2400 block of West Huron Street in the West Town neighborhood about 12:15 a.m., police said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital.
• Another man, 38, was shot while driving in the 7200 block of South Champlain Avenue in the Park Manor neighborhood about 9:45 p.m. Monday. He crashed into a pole after suffering a wound to the lower back, police said, and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• Just before 9 p.m., someone shot a 23-year-old man in the abdomen in the 8300 block of South Carpenter Street, police said. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center from near 83rd and Morgan Street, where he had walked after getting shot.
• A 26-year-old man who had been shot in the right arm in the 2100 block of North Tripp Avenue in the Hermosa neighborhood was found a couple blocks away on Fullerton Avenue around 7 p.m., police said. He was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in good condition, police said.
• A 20-year-old man was in serious condition after someone shot him in the back in the 6200 block of South Artesian Avenue about 5:10 p.m. Monday in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, according to the Chicago Fire Department.