7 years for Wheeling man in sex assault of girls, 9 and 11
Booking photo of Carlos Luz-Flores (Cook County sheriff / May 23, 2013)
Carlos Luz-Flores, of the 300 block of Inland Drive, pleaded guilty in Rolling Meadows branch court to criminal sexual assault and aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Judge Ellen Mandeltort sentenced Luz-Flores to four years on the first count and three on the second count, to be served consecutively. Mandeltort also told him he was a “certified child sex offender” and would have to be on a sex offender registry for the rest of his life.
Prosecutors said the incidents occurred in 2008 in Wheeling and involved a 9-year-old and an 11-year-old when Luz-Flores touched and fondled them inappropriately as they slept. Out of fear, the victims did not make an outcry until four years later, when they told school officials Luz-Flores had molested them and police were called, prosecutors said.
Luz-Flores admitted to police in February of 2012 that he had touched the girls and was arrested, said Assistant State’s Attorney Sharon Kantor. He has been in custody since then.