NBCUniversal

NBC says 'Downton Abbey' movie production to start in 2018

A "Downton Abbey" movie is in the works, with production likely to begin in 2018, an NBCUniversal executive said Wednesday.

Michael Edelstein, president at NBCUniversal International Studios, said it hopes to assemble 20 cast members from the popular TV series.

"There's a movie in the works. It's been in the works for some time," Edelstein said in Singapore at a red-carpet event for "Downton Abbey: The Exhibition," which features costumes, locations and never-before-seen footage from the TV show. The exhibition opened in the city-state last week and ends July 31.

"We are working on getting the script right and then we've got to...

76°