Temperatures are expected to reach into the low 90s across the Baltimore region on Friday as warnings about poor air quality continue, according to the National Weather Service.
A Code Orange air quality alert is in place throughout the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan region, which means sensitive or unhealthy people may "experience health problems due to air pollution," namely ozone, the weather service said.
- VIDEO: WJZ Friday weather forecast
- Baltimore copes with heat wave
- Season's first 'Code Orange' air quality levels forecast Thursday, Friday
- Maryland weather throughout the year [Pictures]
- Hazards of winter weather [Pictures]
- Hurricane names of 2013
See more photos »
- Weather Reports
- Baltimore Weather
- Air Pollution
See more topics »
Baltimore, MD, USA
Skies will be sunny and will remain mostly clear tonight, as temperatures dip back down to the low 70s downtown and high 60s in the suburbs.
The forecast for Saturday calls for more sun, with temperatures reaching the upper 80s. Rain and thunderstorms are likely on Sunday.