A Howard County police cruiser was involved in a crash in Ellicott City on Baltimore National Pike on Friday morning, officials police said.
The county Traffic Enforcement Section said that at approximately 5:39 a.m. a marked 2008 Ford Crown Victoria police cruiser was traveling southbound on St. John's Lane attempting to cross Baltimore National Pike when it was struck by a 2006 Hyundai Tuscon traveling eastbound on Baltimore National Pike.
The driver of the police cruiser, Howard County Police Pfc. Quintin Singo, was transported to Howard County General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was released Friday morning, officials said. Singo is a five-year veteran of the department, officials said.
- Up to 6 inches of snow possible for Carroll and near Mason-Dixon Line
- Northbound I-95 repair work in Laurel to impact afternoon rush hour
- Traffic: Delays in city because of fire activity
- AAA Mid-Atlantic's best, worst in 2014 transportation
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
- Public Transportation
See more topics »
The driver of the Hyundai, James Carl Thompson Sr., 60, of Owings Mills, was also transported to Howard County General Hospital where he is listed in stable condition, police said.
The crash remains under investigation, officials said.