The outer loop of Interstate 695 at Southeast Boulevard in Essex was reopened shortly at about 9:20 a.m. Monday following the early morning vehicle collision with a Maryland State Police patrol car on the side of the roadway.
Meanwhile, the trooper involved in the incident was at Maryland Shock Trauma being "checked out" for injuries considered non-life-threatening, but a dispatcher said "he'll be OK."
According to police, the trooper had pulled over on the side of the road to help two motorists involved in a previous collision when an oncoming vehicle struck his patrol vehicle.
- Northbound I-95 repair work in Laurel to impact afternoon rush hour
- Traffic: Delays in city because of fire activity
- Man killed after being hit by car on Interstate 95
- AAA Mid-Atlantic's best, worst in 2014 transportation
- Law Enforcement
- Public Transportation
- Highway and Road Disasters
See more topics »
Essex, MD, USA
The Maryland Department of Transportation reported the closure of the highway shortly after 6:30 a.m.