Accidents were bogging down the Thursday morning commute in the city and in Baltimore County, police said.
In the city, northbound traffic on Martin Luther King Boulevard was being detoured onto West Fayette Street after an accident between Fayette and Saratoga streets, and police were calling the traffic impact "severe."
Drivers were also being asked to steer clear of North Charles Street near Chestnut Avenue in Baltimore County, where a pedestrian was reported struck by a car Thursday morning, police said. A State Police Medevac helicopter had landed at the scene.
- Lutherville doctor known for running habits critically injured in Towson accident
- Northbound I-95 repair work in Laurel to impact afternoon rush hour
- Traffic: Delays in city because of fire activity
- AAA Mid-Atlantic's best, worst in 2014 transportation
- Transportation Disasters
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Maryland Department of Transportation
Traffic congestion was reported in the city on Interstate-95 at the MD 305 exit, the Maryland Department of Transportation reported.
The agency also reported disabled vehicles on 1-95 northbound in Baltimore County near I-695 and in Howard County on I-95 southbound near the Route 32 exit.
Road work was closing lanes in Baltimore County and Queen Anne's County.
On U.S. 40 in Baltimore County, one of two westbound lanes and the westbound shoulder were closed at 64th Street for emergency road work.
The agency also reported that the left lane would be closed for construction on the westbound side of U.S. 50 near U.S. 301 in Queen Anne's County, with major delays expected.