Mountain Road (MD 177) in Pasadena was closed in both directions on Tuesday morning as Anne Arundel County Fire Department officials investigated what it deemed was a suspicious item near a dumpster, but about an hour later county police said the state highway had been reopened after the item was deemed safe.
The state Department of Transportation reported at 9:11 a.m., that MD 177 was closed in both directions. Anne Arundel County Fire Department Division Chief Keith Swindle said that MD 177 between Postal Court and Magothy Beach Road was closed as state and local fire officials investigated the scene.
At 10:22 a.m., county police said the road had been reopened after the item was deemed safe.
- Ferndale man arrested in connection with bomb threat
- Juvenile charged for making West Middle School bomb threat
- Local authorities step up security after Boston Marathon explosions
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Pasadena (Anne Arundel, Maryland)
Mountain Road & Postal Court, 3, MD 21122, USA