Baltimore County Police were on the scene Sunday investigating a vehicle crash in the Route 40 area eastbound at Martin Boulevard in the Middle River area.
Police said that at 6:27 a.m., police and fire units were dispatched to eastbound Route 40 at Martin Boulevard for a crash with injuries.
Responding units found a single vehicle crash involving a Ford Mustang with four occupants. Two passengers, an adult female and an adult male, were pronounced dead at the scene. The victims have not been identified and no next of kin notifications have been made, police said.
- Baltimore officer charged with assaulting his wife and her boyfriend
- Grandmother of child who died of methadone intoxication sentenced to 40 years
- Man rescued after building collapse near Camden Yards
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Martin Boulevard, Middle River, MD, USA
The driver of the vehicle, a 22-year-old male, was transported to Shock Trauma by ground for treatment of serious injuries. A third passenger, a 25-year-old male, was transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview by ground and is listed in stable condition.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Police said the preliminary investigation indicates speed may have been a factor.
This story has been updated.