The victim was identified as Noe Rodriguez Alverto, of Middle River.
At 10:53 a.m. Tuesday, police and fire units responded to a call for a pedestrian struck. Police said a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser driven by Malinda Johnson, 41, had been traveling northbound on North Charles Street when it struck Alverto. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
- Neighbors question lack of information after stabbing in Federal Hill
- Man charged with attempted murder in double shooting in Baltimore
- Hit-and-run crash kills one in West Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
- Charles Street
See more topics »
The driver of the vehicle stopped, and police said Johnson and three passengers were taken to Greater Baltimore Medical Center with minor injuries. Police said charges are pending.
This story has been updated.