Baltimore County Police have identified the 39-year-old man killed Tuesday while performing lawn maintenance at North Charles Street and Old Willow Way in Towson.
The victim was identified as Noe Rodriguez Alverto, of Middle River.
At 10:53 a.m. Tuesday, police and fire units responded to a call for a pedestrian struck. Police said a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser driven by Malinda Johnson, 41, had been traveling northbound on North Charles Street when it struck Alverto. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
- Man in prison for 20 years over 5.9 grams of marijuana wins appeal
- May 2015: Baltimore's deadliest month since 1970s
- Police investigate 3 Baltimore shootings
- Police car vandalized in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
The driver of the vehicle stopped, and police said Johnson and three passengers were taken to Greater Baltimore Medical Center with minor injuries. Police said charges are pending.
This story has been updated.