A 58-year-old woman who was struck by a car Thursday at Security Boulevard and Woodlawn Drive in Woodlawn, died Saturday afternoon at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center where she had been transported for treatment.
The name of the deceased female is not being released by Baltimore County Police pending notification of next-of-kin.
Baltimore County Police and fire personnel responded to the scene of the accident at 9:08 p.m. Thursday, and found that a woman had been struck by a vehicle.
- Two arrested in Catonsville double shooting that left one dead
- Violent arrest by Baltimore police officer caught on video
- Baltimore County police search for second suspect in 'extremely violent' attack
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
See more topics »
The initial investigation by the Baltimore County Police Department Crash Team indicated that the female pedestrian had been crossing Security Boulevard and Wood lawn Drive, when she was struck by a Volkswagen Jetta that was traveling eastbound on Security Boulevard. The vehicle remained at the scene.
The accident remains under investigation by county police.