Firefighters responded just before 9 a.m. to the home in the 4200 block of Groveland Avenue, in the city's West Arlington neighborhood, and found heavy smoke, said Chief Kevin Cartwright, a department spokesman.
- VIDEO: Firefighters Battle Two-Alarm Blaze in Northwest Baltimore
- Northwest Baltimore fire
- Towson apartment fire displaces 20 late Sunday
- Police car vandalized in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- American Red Cross
- Mercy Medical Center (Baltimore, Maryland)
4201 Groveland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
One firefighter, while fighting the flames, fell through the flooring of the first floor into the basement, sustaining a non-life-threatening laceration across his nose, Cartwright said. The firefighter was transported to Mercy Medical Center’s Public Safety Infirmary.
The fire was brought under control about 9:45 a.m., Cartwright said.
The home had "a lot of debris inside" and it was unclear whether anyone was living there, Cartwright said.
Douglas Lent, a spokesman for the American Red Cross, said one person was displaced and is being assisted by Red Cross volunteers.