Officers were near enough to hear the gunshots and run toward a man who had just been shot in the parking lot of a Baltimore County 7-Eleven early Sunday, and arrested the suspected attacker, police said.
The officers were in the 1100 block of Ingleside Avenue in Woodlawn about 1:45 a.m. Sunday when they heard the shots, police said. In the 7-Eleven parking lot, police saw a man shooting at two other men, one of whom was injured. The suspect then dropped his gun and tried to run off but was apprehended by police, who identified him as Dominic R. Dillard, 25, of Baltimore.
Dillard was denied bail after being charged with two counts each of attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault and a gun offense, police said.
- Violent arrest by Baltimore police officer caught on video
- Baltimore County police search for second suspect in 'extremely violent' attack
- Police rule out report of suspicious device in Parkville
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Woodlawn (Baltimore, Maryland)
1100 Ingleside Avenue, Woodlawn, MD 21207, USA
The victim, Gerard Hankins, 21, was shot multiple times in his lower body but is expected to survive his injuries, police said.