Baltimore County police on Monday identified two people who died when the driver of a 2013 Ford Mustang flipped the vehicle on Route 40, near Martin Boulevard early Sunday.
Emil Antonio Ledesma Vargas, 29, of the 300 block of Endsleigh Avenue, and Josseline Rico-Hernandez, 25, of the 9700 block of Matzon Road, both in Middle River, were pronounced dead at the scene. A third passenger, a 25-year-old male, was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver, Jorge A Estrada Hernandez, 22, of the 300 block of Congressional Court, in Glen Burnie was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. He was given citations for alcohol-related traffic offenses. The case is being reviewed by the state's attorney's office.
- Fatal accident closes Route 40 at Martin Boulevard
- 'Top Chef' finalist Bryan Voltaggio pleads guilty to drunken driving charge
- Man on trial for 2013 murder will undergo another evaluation
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Glen Burnie
- Baltimore County
Middle River, MD, USA
Police said the crash occurred just before 6:30 a.m. Sunday. Hernandez was speeding east on Route 40, when the Mustang struck a raised concrete median and the support pillar to the bridge overpass for Martin Boulevard, before overturning, police said.