A man was killed after speeding through evening rush-hour traffic on a motorcycle Wednesday on Interstate 95 near the Baltimore northern city/county line, Maryland Transportation Authority officials said.
The man was racing with another motorcyclist about 6:30 p.m., and witnesses said the two were performing wheelies as they sped along, an MdTA spokesman said. The man struck a Buick and was badly injured in the crash, while the other motorcyclist left the scene.
The man has not been identified pending notification of his next of kin. He was medevaced to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where he was pronounced dead.
- Police to increase patrols at University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Prominent rabbi with Baltimore ties arrested for voyeurism
- Image resembling murder victim's body posted to jailed suspect's Facebook page
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
Interstate 95, Baltimore, MD, USA
The driver of the Buick was not injured.