Five people were taken to the hospital after they were injured in a crash on Interstate 95 on Sunday night involving multiple cars, Baltimore County Fire Department officials said.
The crash happened about 9 p.m. on southbound I-95 near the exit for I-195, officials said. One person was critically injured, two people were seriously injured and two people had minor injuries, the fire department said. The University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center was at capacity, fire officials said, so patients were taken elsewhere.
Three vehicles were involved, including one that overturned, Maryland State Police said, and the highway's southbound lanes were shut down for about 45 minutes.
- Two men charged in county homicide
- Knife-wielding man at child's birthday party killed by Baltimore Police
- Man dies after shooting at Baltimore County motel
- Police car vandalized in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Maryland State Police
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
Interstate 95, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
No more information was immediately available.