Five people were taken to the hospital after they were injured in a crash on Interstate 95 on Sunday night involving multiple cars, Baltimore County Fire Department officials said.
The crash happened about 9 p.m. on southbound I-95 near the exit for I-195, officials said. One person was critically injured, two people were seriously injured and two people had minor injuries, the fire department said. The University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center was at capacity, fire officials said, so patients were taken elsewhere.
Three vehicles were involved, including one that overturned, Maryland State Police said, and the highway's southbound lanes were shut down for about 45 minutes.
- Police to increase patrols at University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Prominent rabbi with Baltimore ties arrested for voyeurism
- Image resembling murder victim's body posted to jailed suspect's Facebook page
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Maryland State Police
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
Interstate 95, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
No more information was immediately available.