Baltimore police are investigating three shootings Thursday night that wounded three men.
All are expected to survive, police said. A 25-year-old man was found shot in the back in South Baltimore's Brooklyn neighborhood at about 5:30 p.m.
Investigators said the man dropped a friend off in the unit block of Washburn Ave. when an unknown suspect pulled out a handgun and fired into the vehicle, striking him. The suspect fled and the victim was found in the 3800 block of S Hanover St. He was treated at an area hospital and was listed in serious but stable condition on Friday, police said.
- Man shot as suspects tried to pull him from car in Northeast Baltimore
- Man shot in the face in Southwest Baltimore
- 911 calls released from 'one-man crime spree'
- Law Enforcement
See more topics »
Washburn Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21225, USA
3800 South Hanover Street, Baltimore, MD 21225, USA
600 North Belnord Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
At 6:48 p.m., another man walked into St. Agnes Hospital with a gunshot wound to his groin. Detectives investigated the shooting and believe the man shot himself, police spokesman Det. Brandon Echevarria said. He was listed in stable condition on Friday.
Around 9:30, a man was shot in the leg in McElderry Park in East Baltimore. Officers responding to the shooting found the victim in the 600 Block of Belnord Ave. The man was transported to an area hospital where he was treated for his injury and is listed in stable condition.
A preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was walking on Belnord Avenue when he was approached by two men dressed in all black. One of the men pulled out a gun and shot him.
Police have not named suspects in any of the three shootings, which remain under investigation.
While non-fatal shootings are down nearly 30 percent so far this year compared to this time last year, Baltimore has double the number of murders it had at this point in 2013. Eighteen people have been killed this year — though the city has gone six days without a homicide after a violent start.
On Friday, city officials, activists and residents plan to meet at City Hall at 7 p.m. to come up with a "violence prevention strategy." The meeting, which is open to the public, is hosted by organizers of last summer's 300 Man March including community activist Munir Bahar and councilmen Nick J. Mosby and Brandon M. Scott.