The Anne Arundel County Department of Health has advised against swimming and other water recreation at Lake Ogleton Clubhouse Pier in Annapolis after high levels of bacteria were detected this week.
Water samples collected on June 9 and June 11 exceeded EPA standards for bacteria, according to the health department. Signs have been posted in the area and anyone coming in contact with the water is advised to wash with soap and water immediately.
Signs have been posted in the area as a warning, and the health department plans to test the waters again on Monday.
- Hospital worker 'used as a human shield' in gang-related shooting, police say
- Another violent arrest by Baltimore police caught on tape
- Prince George's officer theatens to shoot man while off-duty in Baltimore, police say
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency