A 35-year-old woman was killed after being hit by a car in Pasadena shortly before 7 a.m. Thursday, officials said.
Anne Arundel County police identified the woman as Karla Nicole Wilson, 31, of Mayfield Avenue in Baltimore. She was struck near the intersection of Fort Smallwood and Pittman roads and was taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center in Glen Burnie with life-threatening injuries, Anne Arundel County Division Chief Keith Swindle said.
Police later identified the driver of the car as Jacqueline Nichole Bowers, 28, of Pasadena.
- Several morning incidents around Baltimore snarl commute
- Breaking News: Latest happenings in Maryland, beyond
- LIVE COVERAGE: Breaking news updates from The Sun
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
- University of Maryland Medical Center
Fort Smallwood Road & Pittman Road, 3, MD 21226, USA
Wilson was crossing the road with another woman when she was struck by a Pontiac, on a section of Fort Smallwood Road that has no designated crosswalk, police said.
Police are investigating the cause of the collision and said pedestrian error may have been responsible, though it was unknown Thursday whether alcohol or speed were contributing factors.