According to Lt. Frank Fennell, a spokesman for the Anne Arundel County Fire Department, the most extensive damage was at an empty waterfront property in the 100 block of Edgewater Road in Edgewater.
- Maryland weather photos of 2014 [Pictures]
- Share your Md. weather photos
- Hurricane names of 2014 [Pictures]
- Tornado, severe thunderstorm safety tips [Pictures]
- Top 10 high allergy cities
- Maryland's storms through the years [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Anne Arundel County
- United States Naval Academy
It took around 60 firefighters from five different companies, including one based at the Naval Academy, to put the blaze out.
The other property that sustained damaged was in the 400 block of Owensville Road in West River. A lightning strike hit under the roof line near the chimney and caused around $25,000 in damage, Fennell said.
There were two other lightning strikes reported in Riva, and one in Davidsonville, with no property damage reported.
Nobody was injured in any of the lightning strikes, Fennell said.