A 52-year-old woman died a day after she was rescued from a burning home in Crofton, Anne Arundel County fire officials said Thursday.
Patricia Hart died at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Wednesday from injuries sustained in a fire Tuesday afternoon at her home in the 1800 block of Foxdale Court, fire officials said.
Firefighters reported smoke from the second floor of a two-story townhome and found Hart in a second floor bathroom.
- Two arrested in Catonsville double shooting that left one dead
- Violent arrest by Baltimore police officer caught on video
- Baltimore County police search for second suspect in 'extremely violent' attack
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
She was taken to Anne Arundel Medical Center and later transferred to Bayview. No one else was injured in the blaze, officials said.
Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control in about an hour.
Officials are still working to determine the cause of the fire, but said there were no working smoke alarms at the home.
Hart's death is the third fire-related death in Anne Arundel this year.
The estimated damage to the home was $60,000.