A homeless man called 911 Tuesday pretending to be an Anne Arundel Community College professor and falsely claimed that a female student on campus was holding eight students hostage at gunpoint, police said.
After police investigated the call, which came in after noon, they quickly found no hostages and no student with a gun. Police identified the suspect in the hoax call as George Walter Carlisle II, 43, and distributed fliers around the East Columbia Library, where Carlisle was known to frequent. He was taken into custody on Wednesday and charged with telephone misuse, disrupting school operations and providing a false statement to law enforcement.
On Thursday, Carlisle was still being held in the Anne Arundel jail, and no attorney was listed for him in court records.
- Maryland senior citizens defrauded out of $1.1 million in dating scams
- Neighbors question lack of information after stabbing in Federal Hill
- Man charged with attempted murder in double shooting in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- Anne Arundel Community College
Anne Arundel Community College, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012, USA