A child's first birthday party was interrupted by gunfire in Severn on Thursday afternoon, Anne Arundel County police said.
Six adults and four children were celebrating the birthday in a home in the 8200 block of Marlton Court in the Stillmeadow community when they heard a gunshot and the front storm door shattered about 4:30 p.m., police said.
The partygoers heard more shots, but no others appeared to hit the house. No one was injured by the shot, although broken glass from the storm door did strike a toddler.
- Head public defender calls for removal of judge who ordered electric shock of defendant
- Man hit with rock in Otterbein robbery try, suspect charged
- Highway worker killed in St. Michaels work-zone crash
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- University of Maryland Medical Center
See more topics »
A "projectile" was found in the kitchen, after apparently traveling through the living room wall and hitting the refrigerator, police said.
The man said he was walking to a relative's home on Marlton Court when he was shot but is not cooperating with the investigation, police said.
Police do not have any suspects, but they believe there may be multiple witnesses. Police encourage anyone with information to call them at 410-222-6155 or 410-222-8610 or to make an anonymous call to Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP (1-866-756-2587).