A pedestrian was struck and killed by a Norfolk Southern freight train late Saturday in Aberdeen.
A man was on the Amtrak tracks in the 300 block of South Phildelphia Boulevard just before midnight Saturday when he was hit by a freight train heading south, according to Lt. Fred Budnick of Aberdeen Police Department. Freight trains frequently use the Amtrak tracks, he said.
The incident happened behind Advance Auto Parts. The man was pronounced dead at the scene, Budnick said Sunday.
- Two men charged in county homicide
- Knife-wielding man at child's birthday party killed by Baltimore Police
- Man dies after shooting at Baltimore County motel
- Police car vandalized in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Railway Disasters
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Disasters
- Railway Transportation
See more topics »
Aberdeen, MD, USA
No foul play is suspected and police believe it was a suicide, he said.