A pedestrian was struck and killed by a Norfolk Southern freight train late Saturday in Aberdeen.
A man was on the Amtrak tracks in the 300 block of South Phildelphia Boulevard just before midnight Saturday when he was hit by a freight train heading south, according to Lt. Fred Budnick of Aberdeen Police Department. Freight trains frequently use the Amtrak tracks, he said.
The incident happened behind Advance Auto Parts. The man was pronounced dead at the scene, Budnick said Sunday.
- Man in prison for 20 years over 5.9 grams of marijuana wins appeal
- May 2015: Baltimore's deadliest month since 1970s
- Police investigate 3 Baltimore shootings
- Police car vandalized in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Railway Disasters
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Disasters
- Railway Transportation
See more topics »
Aberdeen, MD, USA
No foul play is suspected and police believe it was a suicide, he said.