I don't want to pay for other people's contraceptives, abortifacients and abortions. Further, I don't want to be forced to participate in insurance plans which mandate the provision of abortions and other services to which I am morally opposed.
We should have the liberty to abstain from such programs and choose other plans from a competitive insurance marketplace.
The federal government is limited to enumerated powers by the Constitution, which means the states are free to establish their own insurance laws and regulations.
- Some jobs are meant for government [Letter]
- Planned Parenthood supports Md.'s efforts to implement the Affordable Care Act [Letter]
- The costly failure of Md.'s insurance exchange [Letter]
- Get me health care ... and step on it!
- Obamacare cartoons [Pictures]
- Obamacare traffic jam
See more photos »
- Abortion Issue
- Barack Obama
That's been done for years. So why the Obamacare individual mandate? President Obama invokes the name of Jesus to support his tax-the-rich schemes, yet he wants everyone to pay for abortions.
Surely Mr. Obama is not glorifying God via state-sanctioned murder of the unborn? I strongly suspect tax-the-rich schemes are the least of Jesus' concerns.
Garrett Preisch, North East