John C. Burris, 57, led Sourcefire since 2008. Company officials credited Burris, a former top executive with Citrix Systems, Lucent Technologies and AT&T, with helping it achieve profitability and expand its product offerings. Burris had been on medical leave since July.
- BaltTech blog
- Millennial Media [Pictures]
- Photos: The evolution of the Facebook News Feed
- 2013 tech cravings: Easy TV, iPhone 6, stuff we can drop in the tub
- 10 tech companies to follow in 2013
- Apple's fizzled products
See more photos »
- Medical Research
- Companies and Corporations
- Corporate Officers
See more topics »
9770 Patuxent Woods Drive Columbia, MD 21046
According to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Sourcefire accelerated its retirement agreement with Burris, vesting a portion of his stock-based compensation worth approximately $3.7 million. The company also agreed to pay the premiums on his life insurance policy — about $4,000 a year — until he turns 65, the SEC filing said.