Human Genome, which employs about 1,000 people in Rockville, could not be reached for comment Wednesday. But it told the state Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation that the layoffs — to start Oct. 30 — were part of an internal restructuring.
- GlaxoSmithKline to acquire Human Genome Sciences
- People on the Move archive
- How much do Baltimore-area workers earn?
- Health Professionals on the Move
- Jobs in health care [Pictures]
- Unusual reasons for calling in sick
See more photos »
- Unemployment and Layoffs
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Job Layoffs
See more topics »
14200 Shady Grove Rd, Rockville, MD 20850, USA