Another wet, gloomy day is in the forecast in the Baltimore area Tuesday, with chances for rain and highs in the mid-60s expected, according to the National Weather Service.
A coastal flood advisory is in effect for the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday. Another quarter of an inch of rain is possible throughout the day.
At BWI Marshall Airport, 0.18 inches of rain fell Monday.
- Weather forecast calls for rain, then sun later in week
- Maryland weather photos of 2014 [Pictures]
- Share your Md. weather photos
- Tornado, severe thunderstorm safety tips [Pictures]
- Top 10 high allergy cities
- Maryland's storms through the years [Pictures]
See more photos »
- BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport
A northeasterly flow of winds bringing ocean moisture is responsible for the wet weather, and is forecast to bring 5-10 mph breezes.
Overnight lows are expected in the low- to mid-50s.
Rainy weather is forecast to taper off by early Wednesday, with clouds remaining and highs in the mid-60s. Clouds are expected to clear increasingly by Friday, with highs remaining in the 60s and lows dropping to the 40s.