Quentin Tarantino, Hollywood's reigning enfant terrible, seems to have some fans in the motion picture academy -- and in the pressroom.
- Oscars 2013: Red carpet arrivals
- Baltimore's Oscar connection 2013
- Oscars 2013: 'Argo,' actors Day-Lewis, Lawrence win
- Oscars 2013: Show highlights
- Photos: 2013 Oscar nominees
- Oscar nominations 2013: Nominee reactions
See more photos »
- Ang Lee
- Pulp Fiction (movie)
- Zero Dark Thirty (movie)
See more topics »
But his win in the Original Screenplay category suggests the academy is becoming fond of Tarantino's brand of outrageousness. And the backstage pressroom's reaction -- a collective gasp followed by some heartfelt applause -- suggests cinema scribes feel likewise.