Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Orioles first-round draft pick Dylan Bundy is a picture of hard work, confidence -- and incredible pitching ability. ... It's probably 50-50 that Orioles utilityman Jake Fox gets through waivers and is sent to Triple-A Norfolk. ... After 38 years, longtime Ravens trainer Bill Tessendorf is hanging up the tool belt and medical tape. ... Radio station 105.7 The Fan will replace Mark Viviano and Damon Yaffe with Ken Weinman and Vinny Cerrato as of Monday. ... Under Armour founder Kevin Plank is eyeing the Belmont winner's circle as Monzon carries hope for Sagamore Farm. ... Navy hired Stony Brook's Rick Sowell as men's lacrosse coach on Thursday. ... Orioles minor league pitching coordinator Alan Dunn has been hired to serve as the pitching coach at LSU.
Hitting the links:
3. Is there a quick fix for the lineup? [Camden Chat]
4. Baseball America's Jim Callis on Orioles draft sleepers [MASN]
5. Here's what they're saying about the O's [Orioles Insider]
6. Bryan Harper responds to Dylan Bundy's claim that he would drill Bryce Harper [Baltimore Sports Report]
7. Bundy was named All-Metro Player of the Year [Tulsa World]
8. The Orioles drafted Dan "Rudy" Ruettiger's nephew [Yahoo]
11. John Feinstein and Scott Van Pelt are beefing over Van Pelt's ties to Maryland [Washington Post]
"Yeah, I'm feeling more confident, he's gone [from] a two pack to a half pack." -- reader Old Jim is smoking less these days when Kevin Gregg comes in to close out a game
Video of the morning:
This is why they have that "play to the whistle" cliche [via Deadspin]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.