Three rising high school sophomores have made oral commitments – the first of the year from that class – according to Inside Lacrosse. Loyola midfielder Ryan Conrad picked Virginia, while attackman-midfielder Curtis Zappala of Episcopal Academy in Newtown Square, Pa., committed to Maryland and attackman Jake Fox of Trinity-Pawling School in Pawling, N.Y., chose Johns Hopkins.
Regarded as a top 10 rising sophomore, Conrad played alongside two Division I-bound seniors on the Dons' first midfield unit, recording 16 goals and 11 assists. He strongly considered Duke, North Carolina, Johns Hopkins and Maryland.
Zappala finished his freshman season with 12 goals and 20 assists despite missing the last five games with a concussion. He strongly considered Denver, Duke and North Carolina.
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 NCAA Lacrosse Final Four coverage
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Previewing the NCAA semifinals
- Quint Kessenich's college lacrosse stock watch
See more photos »
- Jake Fox
- Jake Reed
An Ottawa native, Fox has been as All-Star selection at Baltimore Summer Kickoff and Denver Shootout camps this summer. The standout shooter also had a great showing at Jake Reed's Blue Chip. He strongly considered Virginia, Duke, Yale and Brown.