The Orioles have signed the remaining 17 players on their 40-man roster that had zero to three years service time. All received one-year contracts.
They are: Right-handers Jake Arrieta, Zach Clark, Miguel Gonzalez, Steve Johnson, Pedro Strop and Chris Tillman; Lefties Zach Britton, Mike Belfiore and T.J. McFarland; catcher Luis Exposito; outfielders L.J. Hoes and Xavier Avery and infielders Ryan Flaherty, Manny Machado, Yamaico Navarro, Jonathan Schoop and Danny Valencia.
All players on the 40-man roster are now signed for 2013.
- Some quick Orioles notes and Friday's lineup
- Orioles notes and observations: Schoop, Strop, leadership, Huff
- Orioles' Nolan Reimold has no worries he'll be in outfield soon
- Orioles in April
- Orioles Opening Day at Camden Yards
- Orioles player salaries for 2015
See more photos »
- Time-lapse from Orioles home opener
- Miguel Gonzalez
- Jake Arrieta
- Xavier Avery
See more topics »
The signing is basically procedural, although in the past there have been players that were re-upped who seemed underpaid by baseball’s standards – such as Matt Wieters last year. That doesn’t seem to be the case this season for the Orioles.
The league minimum is $490,000 for 2013.