His next step in his rehabilitation from a left oblique strain will be a four-inning simulated game on Monday. If all goes well there, Chen will rejoin the club in Baltimore for a work day with the team.
Chen would then go on a minor league rehab assignment, where he would start with a five-inning stint by the end of the next week.
- Orioles come to terms with Josh Hart
- Chance Sisco, second-round pick, talks about signing with Orioles
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- 35th annual OriolesREACH Holiday Party for Kids [Pictures]
- Major League Baseball's winter meetings [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Wei-Yin Chen
- Baltimore Orioles
- Jason Hammel
See more topics »
If all goes as planned, Chen -- who led the club with 32 starts last season -- can return to the starting rotation in early July.
Sunday's starter against the Blue Jays is still up in the air, but right-hander Freddy Garcia would likely start that game provided the Orioles don't need to use him early in relief on Friday or Saturday.