Orioles manager Buck Showalter said infielder Wilson Betemit has been dealing with a sore right wrist since before Tuesday’s game and will get an MRI on the wrist tomorrow. He hasn’t played since last Saturday.
Betemit is day-to-day unless the MRI turns out something bigger than just tendinitis. He is hitting .264 while splitting time between first and third base, but has been relegated to a platoon role at first base with Mark Reynolds after the arrival of third baseman Manny Machado from the minors.
Reynolds is playing first again tonight, after hitting two home runs yesterday.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- O's home openers through the years
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles wearing throwback uniforms [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Wilson Betemit
- Mark Reynolds
See more topics »
If the Orioles lineup looks familiar, it’s because it’s the same as last night's.
1. Markakis RF
2. Hardy SS
3. McLouth LF
4. Jones CF
5. Wieters C
6. Davis DH
7. Reynolds 1B
8. Machado 3B
9. Quintanilla 2B
RHP Miguel Gonzalez
1. Ellsbury CF
2. Crawford LF