The mayor's support for Brown is no surprise, given Rawlings-Blake's close political alliance with Gov. Martin O'Malley, who has been an open supporter of Brown. But her support will add to the momentum Brown has built up since officially announcing his candidacy in May and adding Howard County Executive Ken Ulman to his ticket.
The mayor will announce her support for Brown Monday at the The Avenue Bakery on Pennsylvania Avenue. Her support follows that of U.S. Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, regarded as the most influential African-American office-holder in Maryland.
- Maryland Politics blog
- How Gov. O'Malley's 2014 budget proposal affects you [Pictures]
- Complete Coverage: Baltimore Sun Poll 2014
- Maryland's 2014 candidates for governor [Pictures]
- General Assembly 2014 session [Pictures]
- 8 people to watch in Annapolis in the 2014 General Assembly
See more photos »
- Anthony G. Brown
- Regional Authority
See more topics »