The mayor's support for Brown is no surprise, given Rawlings-Blake's close political alliance with Gov. Martin O'Malley, who has been an open supporter of Brown. But her support will add to the momentum Brown has built up since officially announcing his candidacy in May and adding Howard County Executive Ken Ulman to his ticket.
The mayor will announce her support for Brown Monday at the The Avenue Bakery on Pennsylvania Avenue. Her support follows that of U.S. Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, regarded as the most influential African-American office-holder in Maryland.
- Hogan promises atmosphere of 'trust and cooperation'
- Hogan's budget includes some cuts, some status quo for economic development programs
- Del. McDonough seeks to restore death penalty in some cases
- Maryland's 2014 candidates for governor
- General Assembly 2014 session [Pictures]
- Baltimore City mayors through the years
See more photos »
- Anthony Brown
- Executive Branch
- Ken Ulman
See more topics »