The mayor's support for Brown is no surprise, given Rawlings-Blake's close political alliance with Gov. Martin O'Malley, who has been an open supporter of Brown. But her support will add to the momentum Brown has built up since officially announcing his candidacy in May and adding Howard County Executive Ken Ulman to his ticket.
The mayor will announce her support for Brown Monday at the The Avenue Bakery on Pennsylvania Avenue. Her support follows that of U.S. Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, regarded as the most influential African-American office-holder in Maryland.
- Maryland Politics blog
- Maryland's 2014 candidates for governor [Pictures]
- Photos: 2016 presidential possibilities
- Race for Governor 2014: Who's raised the most? [Pictures]
- Baltimore City mayors through the years [Pictures]
- General Assembly 2013 session [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Anthony G. Brown
- Executive Branch
- Regional Authority
See more topics »