Nine players with local connections were named to the National Interscholastic Lacrosse Coaches Association’s inaugural national All-America class for the 2012 season.
The players chosen to the first team were attackman Patrick Kelly (Calvert Hall); attackman Matt Rambo, a Maryland recruit; and defenseman Evan Connell (Calvert Hall).
Named to the second team were attackman Bradlee Lord, a Maryland recruit; midfielder Deemer Class (Loyola High); midfielder Stephen Kelly (Calvert Hall); and midfielder Connor Reed, a Johns Hopkins recruit.
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich's 2014 college lacrosse storylines: A primer from A to Z
- Looking at the top college men's lacrosse teams for 2014
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Under Armour Inc.
- Patrick Kelly
Third-team selections included attackman Mikey Morris, a Hopkins recruit; and defenseman Mac Pons (Boys’ Latin), who is a Maryland recruit.
Midfielder Perkins commits to Loyola
Rising senior midfielder Mike Perkins of Jamesville-DeWitt High in DeWitt, N.Y., has orally committed to Loyola. The 6-foot, 175-pound recruit started on varsity as a sophomore, earning all-league honors.
He was a member of the 2011 state championship squad and helped this year's team to the Section 3 state title. He’s also a member of the CNY Arrows and Cold Brook club teams. This past summer he attended Champ Camp and the Under Armour tryouts.
— Inside Lacrosse