WebMD says you can serve this cake with raspberries and a dollop of Cool Whip.
- 3/4 cup less-sugar raspberry preserves
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup less-fat margarine (with 8 grams of fat per tablespoon), preferably with plant sterols added
- 3 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur (fat-free half-and-half can be substituted)
- 16 ounces fat-free sour cream
- 2 large eggs (use higher omega-3 type, if available)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a tube pan with canola cooking spray and dust lightly with flour. Place the raspberry preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat on HIGH for 15 seconds or until softened.
- Add whole-wheat and white flours, sugar, Splenda, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to large mixing bowl and beat on low to blend well. Stop mixer and add margarine, liqueur, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and softened preserves all at once. Beat on medium speed for two minutes, scraping sides of mixing bowl after a minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and place on serving plate to cool completely. When ready to serve, dust powdered sugar over the top. Serve with fresh raspberries and a dollop of whipped topping or whipping cream. if desired.
Per serving: 195 calories, 5 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g fiber, 311 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 18%.