Finnerty, 30, was last heard from Sunday night while he was fishing in the Bray Creek area of the Baldwin River. According to reports, his body was found at the Bray Creek State Forest Campground, close to where his boat had been recovered earlier in the serach.
WOOD-TV and Mlive.com both reported that the cause of death does not appear to be connected to foul play.
- VIDEO: Former Ravens QB Cullen Finnerty found dead
- Ravens Insider: Thoughts on the late Cullen Finnerty
- NFL officially moves 2014 draft to May
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens for the 2013 season
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
See more photos »
- Free Agency
- Baltimore Ravens
See more topics »
Finnerty -- who led Grand Valley State to Division II national championships in 2003, 2005 and 2006 -- signed with the Ravens as an undrafted free agent after the 2007 draft. He never appeared in a game with the team.
He spent the majority of the 2007 season on the Ravens' practice squad before he was promoted to the active roster for the final two games of the regular season after an injury to starter Kyle Boller.
Finnerty was not tendered a contract after the season and ultimately signed with the Denver Broncos as a free agent. He never appeared in an NFL game.