The Ravens likely won't pick until late this evening in the NFL draft. Given the team's penchant for trading back, it could be an even later night. So maybe it's best to wait until the evening to brew up something strong and read this Coffee Companion, which runs every morning, Monday through Friday, and recaps all the local sports headlines.
- Matt Wieters’ meeting with Dr. James Andrews yesterday came back clean enough that the star catcher won’t need surgery. He was out of the lineup Wednesday, and the Mayor of Bowie Caleb Joseph made his major league debut in Wieters’ place. Tommy Hunter again raised the degree of difficulty to 11 before notching the save in the Orioles 4-3 win.
- Matt Wieters won't need surgery on right elbow
- Orioles hit three home runs in 4-3 win over the Tampa Bay Rays
- Baltimore Sun draft day front pages
- Meet the 2014 Ravens draft picks
- Pick-by-pick: Photos of the 2014 NFL draftees
- Baltimore Sun's Final NFL Mock Draft
See more photos »
- Pro Basketball
- Maryland Terrapins
- Matt Wieters
See more topics »
- Former Terps assistant football coach James Franklin, now the Penn State coach, told supporters in Baltimore that he considered Maryland in-state recruiting and said teams like the Terps don’t have a chance.
- The Maryland Democratic debate between gubernatorial candidates temporarily veered into the inane when the candidates were asked about the Washington Redskins’ name.
- The Wizards were a foregone conclusion to win the NBA Finals after a Game 1 victory over Indiana, but the Pacers and center Roy Hibbert declared reports of their demise premature in a four-point Game 2 win. The Thunder also pulled even with the Clippers.