Williams got in a fight with San Francisco 49ers fullback Bruce Miller, repeatedly punching him in the second quarter when players from both teams fought on the field. And Williams also shoved an official who tried to restrain him.
Wiliams won't be fined for his actions, though, league spokesman Corry Rush told The Baltimore Sun.
- Ravens preseason opener against San Francisco 49ers [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens training camp [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens mandatory minicamp [Pictures]
- Ravens organized team activities 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- San Francisco 49ers
- Super Bowl
See more topics »
"I didn't know it was a ref," Williams said after the game. "It was just a reaction. It was a scrum. I feel bad about the situation. It was just a reaction. That's not the way to act. I just wanted to protect my teammates."
As for the 49ers, Williams rubbed a bit of salt in their wounds, calling into question their toughness.
"To me, I feel like the 49ers are pretenders," Williams said. "They're fake tough guys. You got to play football. We do it physical and we do it between the whistles. They were diving on piles, shoving people from behind. They can try to pretend they're physical, but we really are."