The Ravens made a roster move after their final walk-through practice before tomorrow's playoff game against the Houston Texans, signing linebacker Josh Bynes from their practice squad to their 53-man roster, and waiving offensive tackle D.J. Jones.
Bynes, who was originally signed by the team last July as an undrafted free agent out of Auburn, was on the Ravens' active roster for their game against the San Francisco 49ers on Nov. 24.
- Ravens 18, Detroit Lions 16 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 18-16 win over the Detroit Lions
- 2013 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- 2013 Ravens Insider covers
- Ray Lewis inducted into Ravens Ring of Honor [Pictures]
- Ravens Ring of Honor inductees [Pictures]
See more photos »
- San Francisco 49ers
- Emanuel Cook
See more topics »
He was let go six days later when the Ravens claimed former New York Jets safety Emanuel Cook off waivers. Bynes was then added to the team's practice squad before today's promotion.
He'll serve as insurance with linebackers Jameel McClain (knee) and Brendon Ayanbadejo (thigh) considered game-time decisions for tomorrow's AFC Divisional playoff game at M&T Bank Stadium.
McClain said that he will definitely play, while Ayanbadejo's status is less certain.