Jim Palmer is being honored with his sculpture today.
Several notables in attendance, none bigger than Brooks Robinson – who has missed the first two celebrations (Earl Weaver and Frank Robinson) due to health reasons. Brooks had his own ceremony pushed back to September. But he is here and looks good.
Brooks received a huge ovation from the crowd.
- A fixture on the mound and in the booth, Palmer to become a permanent part of Camden Yards on Saturday
- Jim Palmer [Pictures]
- Sun archives: Brooks Robinson
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- 35th annual OriolesREACH Holiday Party for Kids [Pictures]
- Major League Baseball's winter meetings [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Frank Robinson
- Brooks Robinson
- Al Kaline
See more topics »
Former Oriole Ken Singleton was the first speaker.
Several current Orioles pitchers went out for the ceremony, including Jim Johnson, Darren O’Day, Troy Patton and Miguel Gonzalez. Center fielder Adam Jones, manager Buck Showalter and executive vice president Dan Duquette also were introduced.
Baltimore native and actor Josh Charles is also here, as is Elrod Hendricks' widow.