Jim Palmer is being honored with his sculpture today.
Several notables in attendance, none bigger than Brooks Robinson – who has missed the first two celebrations (Earl Weaver and Frank Robinson) due to health reasons. Brooks had his own ceremony pushed back to September. But he is here and looks good.
Brooks received a huge ovation from the crowd.
- A fixture on the mound and in the booth, Palmer to become a permanent part of Camden Yards on Saturday
- Jim Palmer [Pictures]
- Sun archives: Brooks Robinson
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- Major League Baseball's 2014 winter meetings
- 36th annual OriolesREACH Holiday Party for Kids
See more photos »
- Brooks Robinson
- Frank Robinson
- Jim Palmer
See more topics »
Former Oriole Ken Singleton was the first speaker.
Several current Orioles pitchers went out for the ceremony, including Jim Johnson, Darren O’Day, Troy Patton and Miguel Gonzalez. Center fielder Adam Jones, manager Buck Showalter and executive vice president Dan Duquette also were introduced.
Baltimore native and actor Josh Charles is also here, as is Elrod Hendricks' widow.